Wednesday, September 26, 2012

2012 Decorated Pumpkin for Work

If you have followed my blog for a while then you now that my dental office coworkers and myself decorate a pumpkin to bring to the office for the month of October.  Last year we raffled them and the proceeds went to Susan B Komen Race for the Cure.  This year they will go to Snack Pak 4 Kids.  It’s an organization that supplies food to hungry kids so they won’t go to bed hungry at night. 

My pumpkin this year is an owl in a tree.  I painted an orange pumpkin to look like a tree, but my son thinks it looks more like a walnut. 

IMG_1405-1-2

It does kind of look like a walnut.  I had to take this photos at night.  I ran out of daylight.  Story of my life. 

I used a tool from Lowes to create the faux bois.

IMG_1409-1-2

I am sure it works better and is easier to do on a flat surfaces compared to a round indented object. 

IMG_1407-1-2

I will be posting pics of my walnut pumpkin and the ones my coworkers done soon. 

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails