Saturday, January 28, 2012

Vintage Industrial Vibe for the Teenage Room Redo

My son and I are trying to create a vintage industrial look for his teenage bedroom makeover.  I found some cool bulbs and light cage that I hope to be using in the space.

The light bulb is a reproduction and is so cool.  It is only $5.18.  Bulbs like this can be found at Restoration Hardware for twice the price.

bulb

I am going to try to use this cage on a lamp base.

cage

If that doesn’t work then I will find another use for it. 

Here’s my son in his room the way it looks right now. He was sick from school Thursday and spent the day in bed.

20120126-IMG_6666

You can kind of see the gray sheet I hung to see if it would work for window treatments.  Walmart has such cheap cheap sheets that work great for curtains.  

I am going to do some spray painting today because it is a bit warmer and no wind. 

We are going to clean out all of  his kid toys tomorrow and get rid of a Playskool toy box.  I am so glad he is ready to purge.  He tends to want to keep things he doesn’t use. 

I ordered my bulbs and cage from 1000bulbs.com if you want to check them out. 

What are you doing this weekend?

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails