Sunday, November 20, 2011

The BEST Pumpkin Bread Ever

Almost 20 years ago a friend of mine gave me my all time favorite recipe.  I am not much of a cook, but every time I make this pumpkin bread it turns out flawless and yummy.

20111120-IMG_4233

I am not a fan of dry bread.  It has to be moist to be good.  This is one moist bread.  I think you can even tell how moist it is from the photos. 

20111120-IMG_4239

I highly recommend you make some of this bread for your Thanksgiving holiday.  Here’s the recipe.

The BEST Ever Pumpkin Bread

3 1/3 cups flour

2 t baking soda

1 1/2 t salt

1 t nutmeg

1 t cinnamon

3 cups sugar

1 cup vegetable oil

4 eggs

2/3 cup water

2 15oz cans pumpkin

1 1/2 cups pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix dry ingredients well in a mixing bowl.  Mix liquid ingredients in a separate mixing bowl adding nuts.  Mix the 2 together.  It is easier to mix if you add the dry ingredients slowly instead of all at once.  I mix it by hand with a wooden spoon.  Spray 3 aluminum loaf pans measuring 8”x3.75”x2.38”(I get the throw away kind that come 3 to a pack)  with Baker’s Joy.  Evenly divide mixture into the 3 pans and bake for 1 hour. 

Enjoy!

sig

Linking to

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails