Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Little Bit of Simplifying

Yesterday was a fun filled day of hanging out with my gal pals from work at the lake.  One of our dental team members had a lake place about an hour from here.  We relaxed in the sun, knee boarded and jet skied. 

Today I am tackling some simplifying projects around the house.  My black cabinet in the eating area was bugging me.  Do you ever walk past something you have liked for years and you just suddenly can’t stand the sight of it?  That seems to be happening to me a lot lately.  I changed out some of the dishes and decorative items in my cabinet for a cleaner look. 

blackcabinetfinal

Here’s a before pic from a year ago. 

blackcabinet2010

I thought you were all my friends.  Friends can tell friends when they need to learn about white balance because their photos are bathed in orange/yellow light. 

I removed the faux plant thing from the top and the pears.

My simple set of white dishes contains a large white platter.  I placed it in a plate holder and added a little square plate that I had stamped with Staz On ink last year.  It seemed fitting to add it to my simplified arrangement.

IMG_1045 copy

I have another area I am tackling today and hope to share soon.  I am pretty excited about it.  I think it is gonna be soooo cute.  Smile

I hope you have a simply wonderful day.

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails