Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lifeguard On Duty Sign Of Things To Come

Before blogging I never changed my mantel except for a few garland and stocking additions at Christmas time.  I loved my changes I did for fall and I decided I would attempt a summery mantel and jump on the beachy bandwagon. 

My main attraction will be my new Lifeguard On Duty sign that I made.

IMG_9588

I started with a section of picket fence.

IMG_9595

This little fence was a divider fence between my dental office and an insurance office.  I needed the entire height for my project so the pointed top of the pickets

IMG_9596

and the rotting bottom of the pickets were left on the fence section.

IMG_9597

To hide the problem areas 2 pickets that had the ends sawed off were screwed onto the front.

IMG_9593

IMG_9587

I threw some slate green and brown paint haphazardly onto the boards and the sanded them down and added burnt umber brown letters and sanded them a bit too.

IMG_9589

IMG_9591

IMG_9594

Who would have thought a picket fence could so easily become a sign?

I can’t wait to show you the finished mantel coming soon.

sig

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Sunday Showcase @ Under The Table and Dreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails