Sunday, May 22, 2011

Babies, Backyard, BBQ Grill, Barstools, Best Friends and Blogging

Well the baby is actually my puppy, but I feel like she is a newborn baby.  I talked about getting her several days ago here.  I have 3 feedings a day and lots of pottying training.  I am happy to report that I have had Izzy (that is what we decided to name her) since Wednesday night and she has not had any accidents. 

I have a few photos to share that are cute.  She seems to really like water. 

IMG_0255 copy

IMG_0254 copy

IMG_0252 copy

She loves the grass too.  So much she even eats it.  Along with leaves, sticks, shoes, blankets, rugs, etc.  I am saying “No Izzy!” a lot. 

IMG_0238 copy

We have been spending so much time in the backyard playing with the dogs that we decided to get another hammock chair swing from Lowe’s. 

IMG_0256 copy

It is really fun and relaxing to sit and swing under our big shade tree. 

Another thing we got at Lowe’s was a new BBQ grill.  I thought we had a pretty nice grill, but the burners rusted out and it would have cost $150 to replace them so we just bought a new one.  Our old one was really big and we never needed one that big so we got a smaller one and it’s infrared.  Has anyone else tried one like this? 

IMG_0246 copy

IMG_0245 copy

I will have to let you know what I think.  I am the griller in the family so I will try it out soon. 

Because I have been spending all of this time with my new puppy and in the backyard, my barstools I started painting 2 weeks ago still look like this. 

IMG_0261 copy

Yes that is a partially painted barstool.  I will be getting these done soon and actually having a project to post about. 

I painted for one of my best friends last weekend and then spent time shopping with her this weekend.  Sometimes friends need to come before projects. 

Which brings me to my final “B” subject of blogging.  I love it, but it felt really nice just enjoying not having a project, deadline or a post to worry about for a few days.  I think taking time off here and there is healthy and needed. 

I hope all of you have enjoyed your weekend as much as I enjoyed mine.

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails