Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mod Podge and Magnets

Do you ever just buy stuff and not really have a plan for it, but you know you will eventually come up with something?  Last spring, yep a year ago, I bought several metal art pieces (not sure what they are called) with cute birds on them.  They were cheap and looked promising.  In December, I bought some of kid’s alphabet magnets, however, I am not crazy about the fluorescent bright colors.

IMG_4907 copy

I already had tons of scrapbook paper to choose from and Mod Podge. 

mp copy

Here’s what I came up with.

I painted my letters with a Krylon spray paint made specifically for plastic. 

Next I cut out my paper by outlining my metal piece with a pencil for a pattern.  Using a foam brush I painted the entire metal surface and then placed the paper on top and smoothed out the bubbles.

I rubbed a little paint on the edges to give it an aged look and then painted a top coat of Mod Podge.

And this is how it looks all finished. 

IMG_4948 copy_edited-1

The metal art has hangers on the back so it can also be hung on a wall or placed in an frame holder like I did.

IMG_4934

Here is how it would look in a table top display.

IMG_4949_edited-1

I bought 2 sets of letters so I would have enough for most messages.  I chose “I Love You” because this is the closest thing to a Valentine decoration that you will probably see me do. 

I hope you all have a great one tomorrow and don’t forget to get ready for the Bokeh party coming up. 

sig

Linking to

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

DIY Club

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails