Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Table Top and Wall Redo

For the last couple of days  I have been showing you a few things I am doing to change up a wall space in my family room.  It is a big wall and needed more than the table and mirror I always used. 

I loved my big bathroom sign that you can see here, so I wanted to make another one.  I spent weeks trying to come up with what I wanted it to say. 

I decided on “Homestead Est. 1996”.  By definition I really don’t own a homestead, but oh well, I like how it sounds.  My husband and I got married in 1996. 

This is how it turned out. 

IMG_1956

If it wouldn’t look so silly I think I would put big signs up all over my house.

I added a ladder to either side of the mirror.  I got the ladders from eBay.  They are cheap and light.  I mentioned in a previous post that one little nail easily holds them on the wall.

Topiaries placed in painted urns completed the look I was going for.  (See the before pic of the urns here.)

IMG_1955

I have always had a fondness for topiaries. 

The cute little lantern  seemed a perfect fit between the topiaries.  I really like the glow of the battery tea light that I painted.  (See that here.)

I am so ready to show this entire wall.

IMG_1953

I believe this change is a keeper.  I smile every time I walk past it.  I am really glad I painted the urns.  The previous puke green color didn’t highlight the topiaries well.  Rusty makes everything look good in my opinion. 

Here’s a few more shots.

IMG_1951

IMG_1976

IMG_1980

IMG_1954

This is one of my favorite changes.  I kept thinking I should have saved it for 2011, but I just couldn’t wait any longer. 

 

Tracy

Linking to

Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple

Show and Tell @ My Romantic Home

Remodelaholic’s Anonymous @ Remodelaholic

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails