Friday, August 13, 2010

Fishing Weights Restoration Hardware Knock Off

weightsone_edited-1

I posted about trying to display the books my father in law gave to  me yesterday.  You can read about it here

I was admiring how Restoration Hardware uses books to decorate their shelves and cabinets.  I also coveted the fishing weights they sell for $99.  You can see both in this catalog photo.

rhbookswts

I decided to rearrange my books a bit and make some fishing weights. 

rhtab copy

wts3_edited-1

wts4_edited-1 

Here is how I made them.

I bought styrofoam balls, washers and felt numbers.

IMG_3188

IMG_3215

IMG_3190

I painted them by using a stencil brush and acrylic paints.

IMG_3194

This was my inspiration photo from Restoration Hardware.

weightsrh

And this was my result.

wts5 copy

Thanks for stopping by.  Can you tell I am procrastinating tackling my big project in my kitchen?  I did buy paint today! 

sig

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple

Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative

Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

It’s so Very Creative @ It’s So Very Cheri

Anything Related @ All Thingz Related

Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails