Wednesday, June 23, 2010

4oth Birthday

I thought I would share a few photos of my 40th birthday.  I had to work today.  My coworkers gave me cheesecake and a gift card and my sister brought me flowers and balloons to my work.  This evening we went to dinner with my family at a local Mexican food restaurant that I really like.  My son told them it was my birthday and I had to dance around a sombrero wearing a sombrero.  I will pay him back later.

Here are my flowers and balloons.

IMG_0585

IMG_0587

IMG_0589

IMG_0590

IMG_0593

IMG_0592

IMG_0595

Here is a photo of me and my sister.  She is 5 yrs younger than me.

020

Me and my oldest nephew.

006 

My youngest nephew and son.  These kids were the butt naked ones in the post about Memories at my Mom’s Lake Place.

007

My husband and his dad.

016

My son with my husband’s stepmom.

018

My husband’s aunt and my sister. 

001

I  need to share a sweet story.  I was kind of grumpy most of the day.  It has been really busy at work and I didn’t sleep well last night.  I have to stay on a tight schedule as a hygienist.  So I make it through my busy day and come home and get my run in for the day which causes profuse sweating.  I really just wanted to go to bed, but I had birthday dinner plans and had to shower.  I got my 2nd wind and enjoyed dinner.  My nephew came home to spend the night.  We weren’t home for very long when the doorbell rang.  The neighbor boy who spends most days at his grandparents that live down the street brought me a handmade card.  His mom also,named Tracy, died 3 years ago in a motorcycle accident.   Here is my card.

IMG_0584

That 10 year old little boy gave me $20 of his own money.  It so touched my heart.  Of course, I couldn’t accept it so I told him his thoughtfulness was the best present I could ever have and I wanted him to use his money to do something really fun and that would make my day.  What a generous little boy. 

signature2

One day left to enter the giveway that ends Thursday June 24th at 5pm central time.

Enter Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails